Enhanche Your Endo-SCOPE
OTTek - The Company
OTTek, a state-of-the-art innovative practical GI endoscopy solutions, medical device company, has developed the FIOT (Flow In Over Tube), a versatile, on-demand, easy-to-assemble, cost-effective, colonoscopy assist device.
The FIOT is designed to reduce the risks resulting from poor visualization in an insufficiently prepared colon and to facilitate successful completion of the procedure.
Market & Need
15 million people undergo colonoscopy annually in the US (~30 million WW). Approximately 10% of these procedures are performed in hospitals. Studies suggest that over 50% of the in-patients (hospitalized) and about 25% of the outpatients, undergoing colonoscopy have inadequate bowel preparation, which raises the need to resolve the following:
- Impaired visualization and reduced ability to detect and remove polyps and cancerous tissues
- Increased risk of incomplete colonoscopy, requiring repeat procedure or shortened follow-up intervals
- Delayed diagnosis and treatment, prolonged hospitalization and their associated direct and indirect costs
The Technology and The Product
The FIOT creates a working channel wider than the endoscope for rapid, efficient and unprecedented cleansing.
Single use device, compatible with most endoscopes, the FIOT functions as an “everting hollow tube, to further improve the colonoscopy procedure by:
- Higher polyp detection rate
- Easy and rapid repositioning when large polyp removal requires full withdrawal of the endoscope
- Rapid cleansing in cases of severe colon bleeding
- Stabilization of the endoscope during polyp removal
- Protection of the colon wall and prevention of endoscope looping
- Easy maneuvering and improved ability to reach the caecum
- Safe removal of entire cancerous polyps through the FIOT lumen
- Easy exchanging of instruments, supporting advanced colonoscopy.
The FIOT is designed to overcome critical endoscopy challenges, improving both clinical outcomes and healthcare economics:
- Higher colonoscopy completion rate, preventing repeat procedures
- Improved efficacy
- Fewer adverse events, e.g. perforation
- Improved cost-effectiveness by preventing the need for additional procedures and prolonged hospitalization
- Decrease the need for open or laparoscopic surgery
M : +972-54-7766632
13 Wadi el-Haj Nazareth 1610000